Monday, August 12, 2013

Bird House Block

Bird House Block


This is just a little peak at a sampler quilt that is in the works.  This is block number 22 on the way to 30.  It will be a wedding gift for someone special...that's all I'm telling.







I found the free block pattern on-line at http://www.quilterscache.com/mhohn It said that it would be a 12 inch block....well, I was pretty careful.  In fact it was the first time I have played with foundation piecing in many years.  It's hard to mess up foundation piecing.  It came out to be a 13 inch block...too big for my pleasure.  Since I am the designer and can make all the rules, I whacked off a little here and there.  I sort of like the off-centeredness of the bird house on the right...  I also left out the door holes so this is the back of each house.  Still deciding if I will add a little bird; just not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment